Welcome to the Wagner Society of New York
To view information about the Society (the largest in this continent,
established in 1977, 40th anniversary this year!), upcoming events, membership,
excerpts from our bimonthly publication Wagner Notes, our extensive
catalogue of Wagner-related books (with member discounts), and links to many
other Wagner organizations and institutions, please click on the buttons. An
online membership form is also available.
MEMBERSHIP: Join or renew now and obtain many member benefits, including opportunities for group sales. Membership year: Sept. 2017–Aug. 2018. New membership received after March 1, 2018, is valid through August 2019. Click here or go to the membership button.
• Dec. 8 (Fri.), 7:30 p.m. Francesca Zambello: “Shining the Ring: Revisiting It as a Director.” Director of San Francisco Opera Ring Cycles, June 2018. She will be joined by Maestro Donald Runnicles (conductor of the SF Ring). Liederkranz Foundation, 6 E. 87th St., NYC.
• Jan. 6 (Sat.), 7:30 p.m., 2018. Holiday Recital: Clay Hilley, tenor, WSNY Lauch Fund awardee, and Abdiel Vasquez, prize-winning pianist. Good Shepherd Church, 152 West 66th St., New York. Click here for reservation form. For a secure online reservation form, click here.
• Jan. 28 (Sun.), 3:00 p.m. Vocal Showcase: Parsifal, with talk. Bruno Walter Auditorium, Lincoln Center. WSNY grantee singers: Leah Crowne, soprano; Mauricio Trejo, tenor; John Dominick III, bass-baritone; Craig Ketter, piano. A joint event with the Met Opera Guild. WSNY members may call the MOG directly at 212-769-7028 to receive the member price of $30.00.
• Feb. 18 (Sun.) WSNY's Annual Seminar: Parsifal. Reservation form will be online soon.
• March 21 (Wed.). Thomas S. Grey, Professor of Musicology, Stanford University: “The Ring as Eco-Parable.” At the Liederkranz.
NOTE: Feb. 14, 15, and 17. New York Philharmonic: Die Walküre, Act I.
• 2017 Awards and Grants to Eight Young Singers Announced - click on Singers Awards
• Wagner in the U.S. and Canada: 2017-2018 Updated 10/1/17
Click here for a comprehensive list of performances, performers, and creative team (if known) of Wagner operas on these shores. The list will be updated as new information is received. You don't have to go abroad to hear and see great performances.
Wagner Society of New York
P.O. Box 230949, Ansonia Station
York, NY 10023-0949
Phone: (212) 749-4561; Fax: (212) 749-1542
Press inquiries: 212 749-4561
You are visitor: