Welcome to the Wagner Society of New York
1977-2017! 40th anniversary celebrations are underway. See info below and on Events page.
MEMBERSHIP: Join or renew now and obtain many member benefits, including opportunities for group sales. Membership year: Sept. 2016–Aug. 2017. New membership received after March 1, is valid through August 2018. Click here or go to the membership button.
• June 14 (Wed.), 7:30 pm. Please note revision of title of lecture by Prof. Simon Williams: “Wagner and Modernity: The Unique Vision of Parsifal.” At the Liederkranz. Prof. Williams (UC Santa Barbara) was our Bayreuth lecturer from 1998–2000, and is a writer and lecturer on Wagner and other opera topics. Prepare for Parsifal at the Met in Feb. 2018.
• The April 30 Dutchman cruise was a great success and our guests of honor - Holländer cast members (Dolora Zajick, AJ Glueckert, Franz-Josef Selig, and Michael Volle) and Günther Groissböck (Baron Ochs in Der Rosenkavalier) - were very gracious. See photos of the event on our Facebook page.
• Review of Canadian Opera Company's recent Götterdämmerung with Christine Goerke as Brünnhilde: Click on Wagner Notes button (reprinted from the April 2017 issue).
• WSNY YouTube: A new one has just gone live; check it out
Tristan Seminar: Met Cast Roundtable, featuring the four Tristan principals: Nina Stemme, Ekaterina Gubanova, Stuart Skelton, and René Pape, interviewed by Robert Sweeney.
• CD of Jeffrey Swann's Seminar talk "The Unique Expressive Power of Tristan's Music" is now available. To order: Specify Tristan (3)-CD. $15.00 + $4.00 postage (check only, to WSNY). Mail to P.O. Box 230949, Ansonia Station, New York, NY 10023-0949.
• Wagner in the U.S. and Canada: 2017-2018 Updated 2/3/17
Click here for a comprehensive list of performances (and performers, if known) of Wagner operas on these shores. The list will be updated as new information is received. You don't have to go abroad to hear and see great performances.
Wagner Society of New York
P.O. Box 230949, Ansonia Station
York, NY 10023-0949
Phone: (212) 749-4561; Fax: (212) 749-1542
Press inquiries: 212 749-4561
You are visitor: